Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm gonna be a runner!

Ok so this morning I did it! I went running!

Yesterday we went by The Salt Lake Running Company and got me a new pair of fancy running shoes! I've decided that I'm going to put them on my night stand in a fancy pose

something like this...


then when I wake up I'll ask myself... Am I worthy of THE running shoes?

I hope (with inspiration from my friends Farrah and Robin) to be competeing in all of the 5k's I can this year! Oh and I'd like to burn that 20 something extra pounds I have OFF!!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Me said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! When I get back I want to hear all about it. we can also plan when you want to do your first 5K.

Chelli Lundberg said...

YAY for you!!! When i come home to Utah for good (after baby obviously) I am going to start running again, I would love to run 5k's with you!

ps... the shoes on the nightstand is BRILLIANT

~Chelli

Tera said...

Hey, I am so happy for you. I have been having dreams about running for fun for 2 years now. I have also decided to try a 5k next summer. I am going to take it slow, I have had shattered both my knee caps in the past so I am going to take it slow. Plus I am carrying LOTS of extra pounds. So let me know how you are doing. I just started my own blog (teracalvin.blogspot.com) as a documentation of my own journey "From Fat to Fit" lol
Take care
Tera