Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nine months and ALMOST walking!



Ella is 9-1/2 months and nearly walking. She has mastered the entire length of the couch and is a professional when it comes to the stairs- both up and down! She is so funny- coming down of course is where I panic. She turns around right at the top and flattens her body and pushes until she falls over the edge. We are always behind her, of course, when she is coming down. She almost catapults over the edge and hops up and down until she looses her footing, to which she squeals with delight because she has just descended, yet another stair! Whoo Hoo! If she could talk she'd say something like "Dad! Dad! Look at me- I'm coming down!!!"


This parenting thing is such an amazing experience. I just spent 15 minutes telling you about a stair or two...

3 comments:

Me said...

Life with children is amazing! The best part is watching them grow and be excited about new things. You and Ryan are great parents!! Ella is the cutest little girl. Keep writing for 15 min. about a stair or two, I know I love reading about it. Oh yea, Kaleb wanted me to tell you "Hello"

Amy said...

Way to go Ella! I have to admit, I'm happy that I don't have to worry about the stairs anymore. Dalton always made fun of me but now that we're in a 'short house' (as Briley calls it) I am no longer on edge. Kids are truly amazing and life is much more enjoyable with them sharing it with you. She'll be running and jumping before you know it - so much fun. Miss y'all!

The Leavitt Family said...

How cute! Don't you just love having someone that keeps you so entertained. It keeps getting better too, which is the great part! She's adorable. We need to get together and visit soon!

Miss ya!

Crystal